Photo Blog Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Monday, December 26, 2005

Insatiable Insanity

We've all heard the often quoted definition of insanity: repeating the same action and expecting different results. How many of us have seen this come to fruition in our own actions? I bet the percentage who must answer in the affirmative has grown considerbly over the past few days.
What am I talking about? Eating yourself stupid over and over again, that's what.
Blogger's mother decided to torture her guests by dry aging an amaizing piece of prime rib for 6 days before the feast. This subtle temptation to eat myself into a mumbling stupor, coupled with double stuffed baked potatos, creamed green beans with crispy onions, and no knead doughy buttery pan rolls, worked like a charm. Blogger was forced to waddle downstairs and lay down for an hour, muttering to himself that he would never make the mistake of going back for thirds ever again.....at least not for 12 hours.
After going for a run on Christmas morning (a run that lasted all of 20 minutes due to my prime ribbed body) I finally felt as if I was starting to recover from the previous night's debacle. Then my Uncle showed up with 2 freshly caught Silver Salmon directly from the Puget Sound that would be prepared for Brunch.
Brunch, as in Breakfastlunch, as in morning time! Knowing that I was already fucked, I started stuffing myself with cheese, scones, spinach dip and eggs. Why the hell not.
By the time dinner arrived, and with it the lamb that I had helped to prepare and marinate that morning between lascivous gorging and lamentful lazing on the sofa, I had already given up on the idea of not repeating the same mistake as the night before. Hence the confirmation of insanity.
Blogger won't make this mistake again, unless by some odd twist of fate Christmas rears it's ugly meaty head this time next year. Then all bets, and belts, are off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home