Photo Blog Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Silly, Belgium


This post was originally intended to pay homage to the victims of the Ghislenghien gas explosion, and those of us who have endured three months of excruciating role-play as the managers of Fluxys. Blogger felt that, as the Crisis Communication Manager, it was his duty to address the closure of this important chapter. Instead blogger came across the quote attached below on the BBC website, and has decided to change the topic of the post to: Belgian Jackasses and the Overuse of the Exclamation Point.
I can only imagine that living in a town with a name like Silly, Belgium would result in a never ending stream of negative stereotypes, such as being a slaphappy pederast. Ms. Maddie Fross, an UK ex-pat living in Silly, was given the chance to put an end to these negative misperceptions on the world stage that is the BBC website, but decided instead to exacerbate the slander free-for-all by writing seven exclamation points in a paragraph consisting of only three sentences. Seven.
Further, Maddie implores the readers to recognize 'how difficult it must have been for a British citizen living in Belgium to understand the extent of the disaster'. Excuse me? How does being a Brit in Belgium have anything to do with understanding a huge ball of flames taking the place of the building that used to be across from your Silly house? For example, my unsuspecting flatmate Francis Lewis (a Brit living in Barcelona) has no problem realizing the extent of the disaster when I light his hair on fire at night. He immediately begins screaming in pain, douses his head in the shower and goes back to bed. Point being, Ms. Maddie Fross is a fucking retard, and not in the socially acceptable and not at all funny Down Syndrome way, but the fucking annoying shouldn't be allowed to reproduce Silly, Belgium way.
Now I have never been to Belgium, and I know several perfectly acceptable Belgians, so please don't think that I have anything against that wonderful (though largely irrelevant) country. But when a member of your population, ex-pat or otherwise, uses seven exclamation points in three sentences, a line has been crossed. Next time Maddie, save the BBC readers some time and just write: 'Boom! Noise! Scared! Please shoot me, I'm a Silly retard!'


I was awoken early this morning by what I thought must have been a plane crash, the noise was extremely loud and unnerving!! The house was shaking to it's very foundations, I went outside to see what had happened and all I could see was this huge cloud of black smoke, and flames shooting high into the air!! Being a British citizen living in Belgium it took me a while to understand the extent of this disaster, I knew it was bad though, as all I could hear were ambulances and fire-engines going past my house every couple of minutes!!!
Maddie Fros, Silly, Belgium

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home